Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 1

This is Day 1 of the Vegan  Kickstart program. 

Breakfast was Apple Oatmeal.   I am using the very slow cooking steel cut oats which I made 3 servings ahead of time so I can just microwave it in the morning.


Lunch was a Balsamic Zucchini Sandwich and Curried Red Lentil Soup. The corn rolls and basic curry mix are homemade.  There was a cannelloni bean and roasted red pepper puree on the sandwich which was pretty awesome.   The soup was spicy and very filling.  Tommy despises zucchini so I made a sandwich of pureed cannelloni beans and roasted garlic with Armenian string cheese.  He is not ready to be a vegan, but maybe I will make a vegetarian out of him.



For a snack I had Banana Oatmeal Bites.  Without eggs, pureed banana was used as the binder.  The taste was good, but the texture was not pleasant.  I hope other baked items work better.


Dinner was Spaghetti with Asparagus, Peas and Lemon and Baked Marinated Chickpeas.  The chickpeas were my favorite dish of the day.



My nutritional values for the day were

Calories - 1462
Fat -          16.9 g    11%
Carbs -      250.6 g  71%
Protein -    63.1 g    18%

That is a good start.

No comments: