Friday, January 4, 2013

Day 2 of Kickstart

Spent a lot less time cooking today, the menu was a little bit simpler and I had leftovers.

Breakfast was a basic cereal, fruit and milk.  I used the 365 Honey Flakes and Oat Clusters cereal with a banana and some raspberries.  My 'milk' of choice is unsweetened Almond milk. The photo is a little blurry.


Lunch was the leftover curried lentil tomato soup from yesterday and a Hummus and Sun dried Tomato wrap.  The hummus was homemade.  Tommy ate the wrap with some leftover lamb pasta from Jack's Bistro on New Year's Eve.  I think as long as he can have one serving of meat or cheese every day he will be fine.


During the afternoon I had one of the banana oatmeal bites from yesterday.  Dinner was a Moroccan Bean Stew with Sweet Potatoes over Israeli Couscous.


Stats for the day

Fat -       22.3 g      13%
Carbs -  276.6 g     72%    Fiber 47.6 g
Protein -  55.1 g      14%

Today was a little more fat and a little less protein.  For my age the daily recommended amount of protein is 48 g.  My fat percentages are much lower that when I had meat and dairy in my diet.

No comments: