Friday, January 11, 2013

Do all smoothies look the same?

Today was a tough day because I have been battling a migraine all day.  That just made we want to eat all day which I did.  I tried to make the snacks healthy.  It also made me crave food like cheese and bacon which I have not been doing since starting the vegan regime.


Breakfast was a Ginger Banana Smoothie made with blueberries and strawberries.  It looks pretty much like the green smoothie.  I used the blender this time, so the texture was more uniform and pleasing.  Although it was large, it did not fill me up.  I can't imagine being on an all juice diet.

Lunch consisted of leftover Wild Rice Soup and a White Bean Hummus with Chives and Basil served on whole wheat toast. Since it is Friday, we had a Rose Cremant to accompany the meal.


Dinner was the leftover Israeli Couscous with Carrots, Peas and Red Wine Vinegar and the Seared Cauliflower with Garlic and Tamari.  My various snacks during the day were an apple, a oatmeal banana bite, half a slice of bread with minced sun dried tomato, and a wasa cracker with peanut butter.  I was pretty much munching all day and night and I still have the headache.


No comments: