Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 3 Kickstart

Today was a fun day.  Tommy and I made a trip to Churchville, MD to visit Legends Vineyard. www.legendsvineyardmd.com . The winery had some nice wines.  Nothing was outstanding, but everything was pleasant and drinkable, which is more than you can say for most Maryland vineyards. I stayed vegan, but I have eaten stuff that I do not know the full nutritional values of.


Breakfast was the Apple Oatmeal I had on day 1.  For lunch, I toasted some corn tortillas to make a Corn Chip Salad that included black beans, lettuce, pepitas, and my homemade salsa and roasted red peppers.

Dinner was a salad with greens, broccoli, homemade pickled onions, and tomatoes with a ginger dressing I made. The companion dish was a black bean chili.  I had some white wine from Legends with dinner and snacked on some homemade hummus.





No comments: