Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Nice Day

It was a wonderful day outside.  The dogs and I went on a 3 mile walk.  They were really strutting their stuff.  Tommy and I brought them along to have lunch out side at Panera.  He ordered soup and sandwich, I brought my lunch.  It was leftover Chickpea Salad with mixed greens and some peasant bread.  Breakfast was a variation on the classic fruit and oatmeal.  I made a Fig Oatmeal with Mint.  It was just a hint of mint, I don't think that the flavor meshed well with the earthiness of the figs and steel cut oats.

We had two dishes with dinner.  Tempeh Sloppy Joes on a carrot role and Pasta and Bean Salad with tomatoes and basil.  These were great dishes.  Onions, peppers and tempeh simmered in a tomato sauce flavored with cider vinegar, mustard and garlic powder.  The pasta salad included cannelloni beans, onions, tomatoes, basil, and scallions in a balsamic vinaigrette.

I snacked during the day on pistachios and a slice of bread with peanut butter. I also froze some Miso Soup and Wild Rice Soup so that I would have something if couldn't cook for a day.

No comments: