Friday, January 25, 2013

Can't think of a title

Today is a slow Friday.  We finally got a couple of inches of snow that the dogs loved.  River runs and jumps and sprints in it.  But she got to see the other side of snow, frozen paw pads on our last walk of the night.  I had to carry her for a block while rubbing her paw pad to melt the ice.  Today's food choices were mainly repeats.  Breakfast was cereal with a banana and almond milk.  I needed something quick before going to the gym.  For lunch I made a Amy's Veggie Burger.  I spread one piece of peasant bread with plum sauce and the other with minced sundried tomato.  The toppings were caramelized onions, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts, carrot, and roasted red pepper.

Dinner was mainly leftovers.  I had the take home from the Prime Rib of sweet potato, artichokes and asparagus, plus the Collards with Almonds.  My fresh dish was a Carrot Halwa with a cashew paste, raisins and almonds.

We split a nice bottle of Cava with the meal.  Many ethical vegans are weary of beer and wine because the fining agents can be gelatin, isinglass (fish bladder), bone marrow or casein. Since I am making this change for potential health reasons, I am not worried about that.  I find it doubtful that any IGF-1 (insulin like growth factor) makes it into the final product. However, if you want to which alcohols are truly vegan check out www.barnivore.com .

No comments: