Sunday, January 27, 2013

Emptying the fridge

So the next few days are going to about using the leftovers  in the fridge. Breakfast was a fruit salad using an apple and my last banana with the fruit compote I made last week from strawberries and peaches.  I  added a piece of peasant bread with apple butter.

Lunch was a pasta dish of the remainder of a box of spaghetti with toppings of onion, grape tomatoes, broccoli, zucchini, chickpeas and garlic.  A sauce was made with tomato paste, water, red wine, and spices. Again most of this emptied out the fridge, although I had leftover pasta.  I can see the steam from the pasta in the picture.

Dinner was some of the leftover Sweet Potato Lentil Chili with a fresh batch of Kale and Chard Chips.  In the evening when we had the munchies we paired some Elijah Craig 20 year old bourbon with some peasant bread spread with orange infused olive oil and roasted garlic and toasted in the oven.  It was so good, we had seconds.  Neither Tommy nor I felt the least  bit deprived tonight.

No comments: