Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Addicted to Results 4/14

Burgundies

Workout  - Kettle bell class.
Treadmill walk, 30 min. 1.72 miles, 2.0 incline

Kettle bell class kicked my butt.  The pain level on Monday and Tuesday was ferocious.  Simply walking was a struggle.
Peanut Butter Smoothie

Breakfast- Smoothie made with coconut milk, peanut butter, cocoa, dried apple, agave syrup and ice.  The dried apples help to give it a creamier texture.
Kidney beans and Vegetable Curry

Lunch - Kidney beans with Curry Vegetables.

Our friends Brendan and Abby came over in the late afternoon.  We started out with a appetizer and wine

Snack - Hummus, flatbread, cucumber, carrot, bell  pepper and celery. This is the same hummus and flatbread that I made earlier in the week.  We started out with a Chassagne-Montrachet.
Asparagus tips waiting for the soup

Dinner- Pan Roasted Asparagus Soup. This is one of the few dishes I have made more than once because I like to experiment with food. We had it at Salon several times.  The asparagus is sauteed in Earth Balance till it softens.  Then I add vegetable stock and simmer for an hour.  I used an immersion blender to make it into a smooth soup.  The tips were sauteed separately and added as garnish when serving.
Asparagus Soup

 I had smoked  tofu and made everyone else roasted salmon.  We had a nice buree blanc sauce made with parsley to accent the main course.
Salmon and tofu seasoned with salt and pepper, ready for the oven

 A big pan pan of roasted yellow potatoes rounded out the meal.  The potatoes were roasted on the stove top, then I switched to the oven while we were eating to soup.
Roasted and ready for the sauce

For dessert I sweetened some strawberries with sugar.  I made a juice of some of the berries and mixed it with a nondairy frozen dessert topping.  The some additional juice was squeezed over the dessert. We had a Meursault and Pommard during the meal.
Smoked tofu with burre blanc and roasted potatoes

No comments: