Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Addicted to Results - 4/13


I am a member of Canton Club gym.  From time to time they do various challenges and competitions. One started April 13 called Addicted to Results.  You get points for various classes, food logs, and weight loss. This lasts for 2 months.  I won the one last year when I wanted to drop the 20 pounds I put on during my asthma resurgence.  I reasoned that if I put it on in 2 months, then I could lose the same amount during the same time.  It worked.  I was also at the gym 3 times a day and in a constant state of fatigue.  My goal this year is.  It seems that the big 'M' has finally hit me.  I am thrilled about that.  I have insanely painful fibroids and a hysterectomy or menopause are the only permanent cures.  I prefer the nonsurgical. The downside is that muscle loss and a decrease in bone density begin to occur.  I want to start a more serious weight routine to counteract nature.  I have done much in the last few years because of tendonitis and stress fractures.  We shall see how this goes.  I am going to use my blog as a workout and food log dairy, so each entry will be for a single day.

April 13, 2013

Workout - Spin Class and Yoga

Breakfast - Smoothie made from Blueberry and Cherry juices, frozen raspberries, coconut milk, almonds, ground flaxseed, and cocoa.

Lunch - Flatbread with a sauteed Portabella Mushroom
Vegetable Curry with asparagus, carrot, broccoli, and green onion.  The  vegetables were spiced with curry and turmeric and I used silken tofu to thicken the sauce.

Dinner - sliced of Tofurky with everyday vinaigrette
Salad of mixed greens,dates, and avocado dressing
Mix of Bulger Wheat and Quinoa



No comments: