Saturday, March 2, 2013

Return of the Green Smoothie

I started the day off with another green smoothie.  This one was made with kale, almond milk, ground flaxseed, dried apple, banana, and frozen peaches.  The peaches were the dominate taste and gave the drink a milkshake like texture.  I have ordered a new blade and gasket for my blender.  The leaking is getting very annoying. It is fun to drink the smoothies from the large burgundy glasses.
For lunch I made a Quinoa Salad using the leftover quinoa from several nights ago.  I added in grape tomatoes, 5 spice dried tofu, parsley and the last of my balsamic vinaigrette. The dried tofu is a super firm version that has most of the water pressed out, but is still soft.
Dinner was a simple mix of brown rice, steamed broccoli, and avocado with plum vinegar and sesame seeds.
In the evening I made some loafs and rolls of Olive Bread. The dough was a mix of white and whole wheat flours.  The bread was really good with some hummus spread over it.  This recipe made a lot of bread.  I kept about half for now and the frozen the other half.


No comments: