Wednesday, March 27, 2013

More Juice



I made a new batch of stock today. It does not look very appealing when veggie pieces are still in the juice.  I strain the liquid into a pitcher before using.  Now that I am using vegetable pulp from the juicer, it is more cloudy before straining. this version had kale stems, tomato tops, leek stems, onion pieces and pulp from carrots, celery, and kale.

 I switched things up from yesterday and had a vegetable juice for breakfast and a fruit juice for lunch.  I vegetable juice was made from spinach, parsley, 2 tomatoes, and 4 celery stalks. I need to look for some spirulina next time I am at Whole Foods.  Spirulina is a bacteria that is a complete protein and works well in the green juices.

I know that pictures glasses of juice start to look alike.  So, I am showing some before pictures for variety.  My lunch juice was pineapple, orange, and grapes.  I will definitely say that I getting very hungry during the day. I did another 3.5 mile dog walk an hour before lunch to help stave off the morning hunger pangs.  In the afternoon, I drink a lot of tea.  It doesn't help with hunger, but it gives me something to do.  What is interesting is that the fruit juices are more filling that the vegetable juices.

Dinner was pretty simple.  I grilled my last faux sausage.  This one is so spicy, that I will not buy it again.  It is hard to tell if I really like the product because of the heat.  I will look for some from the same manufacturer without the heat for use in the future.  I roasted asparagus, corn and broccoli with garlic, lemon juice and olive oil.  Garlic and lemon juice really enhance the taste of broccoli.

No comments: