Saturday, March 23, 2013

Eating Leftovers


When is someone going to feed me?

Now we are to the point of finishing up the last grocery run.  I did another smoothie for breakfast.  This one was made with almond milk, frozen blueberries, spinach, ground flaxseed and cashews.  This was one of the most filing smoothies I have made.  I had a larger portion of greens which probably made the difference.  For    lunch I had some leftover mixed vegetables of olives, tomatoes, collards, onions, sugar snap peas and carrots  that I added chickpeas and onion gravy to.

The next day's lunch was another mix of stuff in the frig.  I sauteed some onion, sweet potato, tomato and garlic. I added a can of black beans, some red wine, brown rice and spinach.  For serving I topped it off with avocado.I toasted half a pita round to go with it.

For the next couple of days, I have toasted a Whole Wheat Olive Roll and spread on some minced sundried tomatoes and avocado.  I then topped it with some sunflower seeds.The roll is the size of an English Muffin. This is easy and doesn't make you feel to full before a workout.

No comments: