Saturday, March 16, 2013

Freezer Burn

Sweet Potato fries fresh from the oven


Well, it didn't happen in the freezer, but the refrigerator got a little to cold for some silken tofu and it froze solid.  I tried to de-thaw it, but the texture was totally different and it was unusable.  The package had been opened and was covered in foil.  Maybe it would not have frozen if I had transferred it to a container with a tight lid.  At least I now know to never freeze leftover silken tofu.   Thursday's breakfast was cereal, almond milk and dried apples.  I used the Arrowhead Mills Oat Bran Cereal. It is a mix of oat bran and oat flour that  uses fruit juice as the sweetener.



On Thursdays, I usually do the 12:30 Fitwall class at the gym. Fitwall looks like a rock climbing wall, but  is used for high intensity vertical training. Since this hits lunch time, I do a nice snack.  Today was the Cumin Hummus with some carrots and cucumbers.

Lunch included the Bean Burgers that I made earlier on Pumpkin Seed Rolls with pesto and spinach.  On the side, I had a Tomato Avocado Salad and Sweet Potato Fries that were roasted in the oven and seasoned with sea salt and sage.

At dinner, I made some Vietnamese Spring Rolls.  I processed a mix of pineapple, cashews, sundried tomatoes, seaweed, and cucumber and rolled them in rice paper sheets.  This was served with some brown rice and hoisin sauce.



No comments: