Thursday, March 7, 2013

Faux Snow Day



One of the new items I am trying is Oat Milk, which really is not a milk.  It is packaged as an oat non-dairy beverage.  I found a recipe online to make your own that does not seem to hard to make.  At some point in the future I may try that. I am amazed at the large variety of milks that are available.  Soy and almond are the most common, but you can also get flax, hemp, walnut, rice, and oat.  For breakfast today, I made a smoothie using the oatmilk, frozen strawberries, cranberry juice and soy protein powder.

Lunch was a salad made with spinach, carrots, croutons, sugar snap peas, nutritional yeast, dried apple, olives, tomatoes,   and the cranberry viniagrette. A rice cake spread with peanut butter completed the meal.
We are moving into leftover mode now.  For dinner we some quinoa and brown rice with spinach.  I added a faux sausage and some onion gravy to complete the meal.
A rose champagne makes any meal special.  I will not be posting for a few days because the meals are repeats.  Monday will be grocery day.

No comments: