Monday, March 18, 2013

Catching Up



I am a few days behind in posts, so I am combining a couple of days in order to catch up.  I did not take a picture of my breakfast smoothie on Friday because it looks like all the other ones with blueberries in it.  The smoothie was made with frozen banana, frozen blueberries, kale, cinnamon, ground flaxseed, and cocoa.  The banana and cocoa mix delivery a great taste profile. 


Lunch was a salad. I made a vinaigrette for the next few weeks.  I combined red wine vinegar, garlic, dijon, and parsley in the blender and slowly added olive oil while it was running.  This gave me a nice emulsified dressing.  The salad was composed of avocado, romaine, spinach, sunflower seeds, tomato and cucumber.I also had some loose bites of a rice cake that I added for crunch.


Dinner was a Spicy Gazpacho with Pesto.  The Pesto was the one from a few days ago.  The soup was made in the blender with whole tomatoes, garlic, cucumber, and onion.   The Pesto was drizzled on top.  The  colors were very vibrant.  Tommy called it a Dr. Suess meal. I completed it with some rice/millet bread and hummus.  The bread is a gluten free variety.  It was a nice nutty taste, but the texture is coarse.  It definitely needs to be toasted to be palatable.

For Saturday's breakfast we walked down to THB bagel shop.  I had a whole wheat everything bagel with peanut butter.  I resisted the urge to get a green St. Patrick's Day bagel.  I think that THB has the best bagels  in the area.  Panera's are good, but they are more like tasty bread shaped like a bagel.

Lunch was another salad.  This one used romaine, spinach, cashews, seasoned dry tofu,sweet potato,  sundried tomatoes, and chickpeas.  I made some Crispy Kale with Garlic on the side.


No comments: