Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Date Day


Monday was a date day for Tommy and I. We started out with breakfast at Lamill Coffee in the Four Seasons.  They have a great selection of coffee and teas.  The vegan food selection is very limited. I had a fruit cup that was cantaloupe, honeydew, and pineapple.  That was it for the menu.  They serve an English Muffin sandwich with egg, so I asked for a plain toasted English muffin with some jam. It is the Four Seasons, they will accommodate you.  We should have gone to Wit and Wisdom because they have a few more options according to the website such as oatmeal (as long as it is not made with milk) and bagels.


For lunch we went to one of my favs, Sticky Rice in Fell's Point.  This is one of the few places I can go and have multiples choices on the the menu.  For an appetizer we split the Fried Teriyaki Mushrooms.  The mushrooms were marinated in a teriyaki sauce and lightly tempura fried with a Sweet and Sour Sauce for dipping. For the main course I had the Dirty Vegan.  This was tofu and buckwheat noodles tossed with a peanut coconut sauce and broccoli, peppers, and onions.
During the late afternoon we went horseback riding at Happy on Hooves.  This was a beginners trail ride for an hour.  This is only the 3rd time I have been on a horse.  My horse, Sadie, was likes to lag behind the group then sprint to catch up.  Oh wonderful.  I get the horse whose ideal rider is adventurous.  I guess I am,   Sadie and I did fine.  The faster trots were fun and by the end I was able to stop her from doing that.

Dinner was the same as last night - salad and pasta with marinara sauce.  No chocolate bar. Before dinner I had some Basignani Merlot.  It was okay, but a bit green on the end.
During the afternoon we found out that Tommy's Uncle Pat died in Mississippi.  He was medical doctor that had practiced in Macon, MS until we was 70.  Pat was 86.  Our thoughts are with the family.

No comments: