Sunday, March 24, 2013

Maggie's Farm

 I am a big fan of hot tea.  That is the main beverage during the day for me. I have about 4 travel mugs a day of tea. I rarely use teas with caffeine. This group is herbal or roobios.
 Friday night's dinner was still about using the leftovers.  I made a saute using a red onion, potato, corn, green beans, endame, carrots and parsley. I added a Malaysian dipping sauce for flavor.  We have a side salad of romaine, carrot, cucumber and sunflower seeds.
Saturday's lunch was a simple sandwich.  I spread one piece of bread with leftover spring roll filling and the other slice with tofu mayonnaise.  I sliced a soy protein sausage for the main part of the sandwich.

For dinner we met friends at Maggie's Farm.  This is in the spot of the old Chameleon Cafe and is a locally sourced restaurant.  I brought my camera, but forgot to take pictures of the food.  This is becoming a bad habit. For my appetizer, I had the Roasted Brussel Sprouts with a grape salsa.  Normally,there is a charcuterie meat with it, but they left it off for me.  Everything is made fresh, so substitutions or modifications are easy.  The only other item on the menu for me was the vegetarian special of the day.  The one for today was a crepe based dish with dairy.  The chef made a special dish for me that included an eggplant puree with roasted mushrooms and kale.  I had some whole roasted carrots on the side.  Everything was excellent. I do find it interesting that so many of these local food places are so meat heavy.
For lunch on Sunday, I did a version of the Tofu Scramble.  A red onion, potato and tofu were sauteed, then I added the rest of my spinach so it would have some green. Some plum sauce was drizzled on the top.  Half of a whole wheat pita was on the side.

No comments: