Saturday, April 12, 2014

Feeling Better

I am healing from a sinus infection that included a wonderful temperature that went over 100 degrees. It is nice to feel like cooking again with the muscle aches and shivers.  I made one of my favs for breakfast - a almond butter, orange marmalade banana sandwich on the Acorn Squash Roll.

Leftovers were for lunch. For the last week we have been eating bulgar wheat or brown rice with frozen vegetables for dinner.  It was an easy fix for when I didn't feel good. I put the last serving of that over some spinach, added the Kale Salsa, green onion and some vegan cheese.  On the side, was tortilla chips with cheese.
Mashed sweet potatoes
Dinner started with some mashed sweet potatoes that were seasoned with balsamic vinegar and salt.
I sauteed some seitan, mushrooms, and green onion in a custom spice mix with some balsamic vinegar.
Then it all came together as this.  The seitan mix was layered on top of the sweet potatoes.  There was a side salad made with butter lettuce, kale salsa, vegan cheese and balsamic vinegar.
spice mix
My spice mix is cayenne pepper, ground cumin and salt.  For a late night snack, I spread half a acorn squash roll with sundried tomato sauce and sprinkled some of the vegan cheddar and parsley on top.









No comments: