Friday, April 25, 2014

Addicted to Results 4/24

Breakfast Burrito
The morning started with a breakfast burrito.  I sauteed onion, celery, carrot, garlic and firm tofu till cooked through. I seasoned it with nutmeg, turmeric, salt and pepper.  It was wrapped in a sprouted grain taco size tortilla.
Lunch time was a hummus plate.  This is a green pea hummus.  It was a blend of peas, lots of garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper.  I served it with pita that was toasted with olive oil and garlic and some carrot sticks.
Tomato Basil Salad
I split dinner into two sessions because I was at the gym from 6:00 to 9:00.  Before my workouts, I had a Tomato Basil Salad.  This was an easy mix of tomatoes, cucumber, basil, balsamic vinegar and black pepper.
Fettuccine Alfredo
The postwork out meal was Fettuccine Alfredo.  The Alfredo sauce was made with sauteed onions in olive oil and sherry, which was blended with silken tofu, almonds, parlsey, miso paste, soy milk and cayenne.  The sauce was served over whole wheat fettuccine.
Green Pea Hummus

No comments: