Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Addicted to Results 4/14

Hemp Protein Green Smoothie


Time for another Addicted to Results challenge at Canton Club. I will be using the blog as a food log.  I started the day with a Hemp Protein Green Smoothie.  This is a blend of water, frozen pineapple, ginger, hemp protein, frozen banana, lemon and ice.  This kept me fueled for a 3 mile and some treadmill inclines.


Lunch was a modification of the Tofu Fra Diavolo.  I did not quite have of the sauce for a serving, so I made up the difference with some Kale Salsa on top of the whole wheat spaghetti.   It worked.
A snack of banana with  almond butter spread on it, was my pre workout snack before the XPF Foundations class at the gym.  The class is a circuit of resistance training with some cardio thrown in.  Yes, I am sore today.
Roasted tomatoes
In the afternoon I made a large batch of roasted tomatoes to use for several meal.  The tomatoes were quartered and seasoned with salt, pepper and parsley and cooked in a bit of olive oil.  Once they done, a splash of red wine was added.
Barley Salad
The base of dinner was a Barley Salad.  I used some of the barley that was cooked a few days ago and added cucumber, kalamata olives, Kale Salsa, Roasted Tomatoes, chickpeas and a Lemon Vinaigrette that I had also made earlier. 
Lemon Vinaigrette
The vinaigrette is easy.  Some fresh meyer lemon juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, and a little bit of sugar.
This is the final dish.  The Barley Salad is on top of some butter lettuce and topped with some Beyond Meat mock chicken.
Kale Salsa

No comments: