Thursday, April 17, 2014

Addicted to Results 4/16

xper
Tea of the Day
I drink a lot of tea and this is one of my favorites.  Matcha is a finely milled green tea that is dissolved directly in the water.  It is also very expensive so mixing it with regular green tea leaves in a bag gives you a taste of both at a lesser price.  It is also nice to start off with a picture of something other than another smoothie.
Green Mango Smoothie
Of course, I still started the day with a smoothie.  This is a Green Mango Smoothie. It is a blend of kale, mango and soy milk. Yes, I drink kale in smoothies.  Simple and good before a personal training time at the gym
For lunch, I topped some whole wheat spaghetti with the Sausage and Pepper Sauce that was left over from last night.  I sprinkled some nutritional yeast on top.
Chilaquiles Casserole
After my second gym trip, I made a Chilaquiles Casserole for dinner.  For this, onion, pinto beans, roasted tomatoes, corn, mock hamburger meat, and my cayenne spice mix were heated in a sauce pan.  Next, I layered corn tortillas, the bean mix and vegan pepper jack.  I repeated the layer and covered with more tortillas.  On the top, I added some roasted tomatoes, kale salsa, and pepper jack.  Then the dish was baked to heat it through.
After dinner we had another dessert wine.  These are nice because the bottles are about one quarter the size of a regular bottle of wine and low in alcohol percent.  This is one we picked up at the Reif Estate Winery at Niagara on the Lake in Ontario ten years ago.  It has been aging in our cellar and had the look of scotch when poured in a glass.

You know you wanted a dog picture.

No comments: