Sunday, April 20, 2014

Addicted to Results 4/19 Date Night

Sangria
As usual, the morning started with a smoothie. It is not the most photogenic color, but it did it's job.  This was a blend of soymilk, cranberries, pumpkin puree, frozen spinach, carob powder, spirulina and agave syrup.
Lunch was a mix of leftovers. The seitan mushroom mix was served over mashed sweet potatoes.  I added some kalamata olives and a sprinkling of nutritional yeast.
For dinner, we went to Orza in Little Italy. This is a Persian restaurant. At the start of the meal, they provide some hummus, tomatoes and pita to split.
I had the Veggie Ghormeh Sabzi Stew which is made with red beans, green herbs and mushrooms.  You have a choice of 4 types of rice.  I picked a basmati with sour cherries. The cherries gave a great taste to the stew.  Photo was a little blurry.
 
I tried a dessert which was presented as a lemon sorbet with cherry compote.  It was not at all what I expected.  The sorbet was basically frozen grated lemon peel with a little bit of cherry juice.  That was not good and I did not finish it.  Everything else was fantastic.
Lemon sorbet
After dinner we went to Landmark Theater for a movie - Raid 2.  The nice thing about Landmark is that it has a bar.  I had a Transcendence which was a gin and tonic with blueberries.  The bartender is great and has a good knowledge of foreign films.

  After the movie we stopped by Talara for a night cap.  I had the sangria pictured at the top and we split a order of black bean hummus and guacamole.
 
Wine from dinner
 
 

No comments: