Thursday, April 24, 2014

Addicted to Results 4/23

I did a breakfast sandwich this morning.  I pulled the Acorn Squash Baguette out of the freezer and heated it up.  I used the end piece as a roll for mock breakfast sausages with butter lettuce and ranch dressing.  The sausages are from Field Roast which is still my fav of the fake meats.
At lunch I made a veggie burger.  This one used flaxseed, baking powder, rice starch and oil to replace an egg.  I added bread crumbs, roasted problano and jalapeno peppers, shredded carrot, parsley and veggie crumbles (faux ground beef). I topped it with a green chili sauce.
Veggie Burger

There was a salad on the side made with butter lettuce, tomato, avocado and topped with lemon vinaigrette.






Dinner featured a stuffed bell pepper.  The stuffing was made with brown rice, onion, veggie crumbles, garlic and tomatoes.  On the side were garlic haricot verts.  The beans were steamed in a mix of sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar and lots and lots of garlic.
Normally, this would have been an alcohol free night, but we scored a bottle of our favorite and hard to find champagne.  Charles Heidsieck rose.

No comments: