2 1/2 Teaspoons Yeast (1 Package)
1 Cup Warm Water
1 Teaspoon Salt
3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 1/2 Cups Wheat Flour, mix of white and whole wheat
1 Cup Onions, thinly sliced
Olive Oil, Salt, and Pepper
1. Dissolve the yeast in warm water with the salt, olive oil, and sugar in a stand mixer with a dough hook attached. Add the flour, 1/2 cup at a time with the motor running. Mix (knead) until the dough forms a ball. Place the dough in a oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Put in a warm place and let rise for 40 minutes.
2. Toss the onions with olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. After the dough has risen, turn it onto the counter and shape it with a rolling pin into a square or rectangle about a 1/2 thick. Place on parchment paper on a pizza peel. Spread the onions over the top and press lightly into the dough. Let the dough rise for 1 hour.
|Ready to rise|
4. While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 450 F, with a pizza stone in the oven.
5. After the dough has risen, slide onto the pizza stone. Bake for 30 minutes or until browned. Spray the oven and bread with a fine mist of water two or three times during the baking. Serve hot from the oven.
|Risen and ready to bake|
Goes well with Indian Chickpea Stew
Pairs well with Anthologia Falerno del Massico
Soundtrack Royal Thunder - Crooked Doors