These are great to eat on their own or crushed up on a pizza.
1 Onion, diced
Olive oil to sauteing
8 Ounces Mushrooms, sliced
2 Tablespoons Tamari
1 Tablespoon Miso
2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice
1 Cup Cooked Red Lentils
1/4 Cup Tomato Paste
3 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
4 -6 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 1/2 Teaspoons Dried Basil
1 Spring Fresh Rosemary, chopped
1/2 Cup Steel Cut Oats, ground to flour
1 1/2 Cups Wasa Crackers, ground to flour
2 -3 Tablespoons Water, as needed
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Heat a skillet over medium heat an cook the onions until they are tender.
2. Put the mushrooms in a food processor. Pulse until they are finely minced. Add them to the onion and cook for several minutes. Stir in the tamari and miso.
|Ready to roll|
3. Add the rice and lentils and mix well. Mix in the tomato paste, nutritional yeast, garlic and herbs. You can use a blender to grind the oats and crackers, but do them separately. Add the oat flour and mix well.
|Ready to bake|
4. Sprinkle the cracker crumbs with water to moisten. Add to the mixture. Roll the mix into balls that are between 1 and 2 inches in diameter. Makes about 36 balls.
5. Place on baking sheets and bake for 30 to 35 minutes. They will be browned and hold their shape.
Goes well with Vodka Sauce
Wine 2007 Black Ankle Leaf Stone Syrah
Soundtrack The Scorpions - Comeblack