Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Addicted to Results 5/21

Vegan Lasagna hot out of the oven

Workout - 30 minutes circuit
spin
XPF Cardio

Breakfast - Almond milk yogurt with mangoes, currants, and sunflower seeds.
Chili

Lunch - Chili made with Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP), tomatoes, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, pinto beans, corn, and carrots. It was served over white rice.
Salad - mixed greens, olives, mushrooms, pickled beets and pesto dressing

salad

Snack - Crispy Rice Bar

Dinner -  Lasagna.  This is the first time I have tried to veganize  this dish.  I microwaved onion and a log  of my chrizo spiced TVP sausage and added in tomato sauce and paste, oregano, basil and parsley.  For the cheese layer, I used tofu sour cream mixed with whole wheat bread crumbs and the Daiya vegan cheese.  This was a better tasting cheese than the other 2 that I have tried.  It  was not so great by itself, but in the pasta dish it melted and there were no bad tastes.  I layered it in the same manner as traditional lasagna and topped in with nutritional yeast.  I thought that the final product was good, but could be improved on.  Silken tofu might work better than the sour cream.
Serving of lasagna

Snack - dried apricots.

No comments: