Ginger Orange Biscotti
These are really hard texture biscotti. When you dip them in a hot liquid, they are the perfect texture.
3/4 Cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Cornmeal
2 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Equivalent of 3 Eggs, Vegan Replacement
Zest of 1 Orange
Juice of 1 Orange
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Mix flours, sugar, cornmeal, ginger, baking powder and soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix egg replacement, zest and juice till smooth. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
3. Divide the dough in half. Form each piece into a 14 X 1 1/2 inch log. Place the logs on the baking sheet.
|Once baked logs|
4. Bake 25 minutes, until firm enough to cut. Cool in to the pan. Decrease the oven temperature to 300 F.
5. Slice the logs into 1/2 inch thick cookies. Arrange cut side down on 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake until golden brown and crisp, 45 minutes. If they are not crisp enough after 45 minutes. Turn off the oven heat and let them sit in the oven for up to 30 minutes. Transfer the biscotti to a wire rack to cool
Goes well with Matcha Yerba Mate Tea
Soundtrack Rainbow - Live in Germany 1976