Tuesday, February 26, 2013

More Bread



Last night I baked the rolls that were rising during my last post.  They are mixture of white flour, ground pumpkin seeds, and  oat bran cereal, which makes and interesting type of multigrain bread. They turned out very well.  For breakfast this morning I had one of the Ginger Scones. Still awesome the second day.  I continued with the salad for lunch.  Today's was mixed greens with black beans (leftover from last night), sliced almonds, and prunes sprinkled with some nutritional yeast and dressed with an balsamic vinaigrette.   I had a couple of brown rice cakes to finish it off.

For dinner I made a Pilaf of quinoa and the leftover white rice.  I took slices of extra firm tofu, dipped them in almond milk, then a breading mixture then baked them.  I grilled long slices of eggplant and finished off the meal with a salad of spinach and almonds.Everything on the main plate ended up being the same color. The picture of the spinach was blurry.

For snack time, I baked an Oatmeal Orange Coffecake.  Oatmeal, brown sugar, and flour were mixed with bananas, orange juice, zest, and some cooked oatmeal to replace the egg.  The glaze is powdered sugar, orange juice and zest.

No comments: