Friday, February 8, 2013

Back on Schedule

Finally back to living and eating on a normal schedule.  I am also cooking regular meals again.  At breakfast I had a Mango Strawberry Smoothie with some soy sausage.

I am not a big fan of faux meats, but thought I would give this one a try. The spices were very sausage like but the texture was not good at all.  The taste was okay.  After I had grilled one, looked at the ingredient list and noticed that egg whites were in it.  I should have done that at the store. Oops.  I am still going to eat them, but I will need to be more careful about pre-made foods. At some point I will try to make my own sausage using bulgur wheat.
Not Vegan!

Lunch was soup, salad and dessert.  For the salad, I added leftover Carrot Halwa and Watermelon Salsa over mixed greens and snap peas.  The soup was a leftover Chickpea Sweet Potato Soup with last nights Cran Apple Quinoa mixed in.  For dessert I baked a pear filled with raisins and sprinkled with cardamon.

Lettuce Wraps filled with tofu, shiitake mushrooms, onion and carrot were an appetizer. Leftover Ratatouille and spaghetti were the main course. Pistachios and garlic bread were snacks during the day.


No comments: