Asparagus Artichoke Casserole
1 Green Pepper, chopped
1 Pound Asparagus, sliced
1 Tablespoon Earth Balance
10 Ounces Mushroom Soup
1 Can Artichoke Hearts, drained and chopped
1/2 Cup Nicoise Olives
4 Ounces Dried Mushrooms
2 5 Ounce Cans Water Chestnuts, chopped
1/2 Cup Dry Croutons
1 1/2 Cups Daiya Cheddar Cheese Shreds
Salt to taste
1. Cover the dried mushrooms with hot water and let sit for 1 hour. Chop the mushrooms and reserve the stock.
2. Saute pepper and asparagus in a skillet with the Earth Balance.
|Asparagus and pepper sauteing|
3. Mix the artichoke, olives, mushrooms and water chestnuts with the asparagus mix. Pour into a casserole dish.
|Casserole ready to cook|
4. Mix the mushroom soup with 1/4 cup of the mushroom water. Pour over the vegetables. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and add the croutons. Mix well. Top with the cheese. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Goes well with Red Pepper Broccoli
Pairs well with 2013 Domaine Pichot Vouvray
Soundtrack Spotify's Rock Christmas Playlist.