Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Day 266 Tomato and Mushroom Pizza
Tomato and Mushroom Pizza
1 Package Dry Yeast
1 Cup Warm Water
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar
2 Tablespoons Safflower Oil
2 1/2 - 3 Cups All Purpose Flour
2 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
1/4 Cup Pesto
2 Tablespoons Red Wine
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced
1/4 Cup Nicoise Olives
1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
2 Tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
1. Preheat the oven with a pizza stone at 450 F for 1 hour.
2. Add water to yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add the salt, agave nectar and oil. With the motor running, add the flour a 1/2 cup at time. Knead until a sturdy dough is formed. Let the dough rise for 30 minutes in a covered bowl in a warm place.
3. Mix the tomato paste, wine and pesto in a small bowl. If the sauce is too thick, use some of the juice from the canned tomatoes to thin the sauce.
4. Using you hands, spread the dough out on a floured surface. Place the dough on a pizza peel with a piece of parchment paper on top.
5. Spread the sauce evenly on the dough. Drain the tomatoes and spread over the surface of the sauced dough. Layer the mushrooms, olives and almonds on top of the pizza. Sprinkle the nutritional yeast on top. Bake on the stone for 20 -30 minutes until the crust is brown. Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
Pairs well with Cave de Die Jaillance Sparkling Muscat
Soundtrack Spotify's Peaceful Piano Playlist