Almond Date Cookies
8 Ounces Blanched Almonds
1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
1 Pound Dates, pitted and halved
2 Cups Coconut Milk
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Cup Wheat Germ
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
Ground Pistachios for toppings
1. Put the almonds in a food processor and pulse until it is the texture of sand. Pour in a bowl.
2. Put dates and banana in a food processor. Add the vanilla and Cinnamon to the milk. With the processor motor running, slowly add the milk mixture. Add to almonds. Mix well. Add the almond flour and wheat germ. Mix well.
3. Pre heat the oven to 325 F. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Roll the dough (it will be sticky) into 1 - 2 inch balls. Press into baking sheet. Top with 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of pistachios.
5. Bake for 30 minutes. Let stand till cool. Cookies will the chewy, like date balls. They will not have the texture of a traditional flour cookie.
Soundtrack Solange - A Seat at the Table