Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Staying the Course

Blogging two days in a row,  maybe I can keep this up on a regular basis again.  Here is another tea I have sipping.  It is a mix of berries, white tea and little bit of Darjeeling. Good for a cold day.
Lemon hummus


My most recent batch of hummus was made with chickpeas, tahini and lots of lemon. I pulled this recipe from an old weight watchers cookbook. It is definitely a different flavor profile. I ate it with some flaxseed crackers that are high in seeds and whole grains.  I have had these several times.  They have a nice crunch and lots of nuttiness.


Green Smoothie

This time for breakfast I went with the green smoothie.  It does not look very appetizing in the blender.  It was made from an avocado, spinach, soy milk, protein powder and spirulina.  It was not the best tasting of smoothies. Bananas make a much better base.
 
Lunch was a simple baked sweet potato with a broccoli and pesto topping.  The broccoli was microwaved with garlic powder and lemon juice. 

I saw a list a few weeks back about things you do once you start eating vegan.  One thing on the list was that most meals are one dish meals.  That's what I do a lot of know.  Tonight's plan was a mix of rice, broccoli, cauliflower, potato, onion and carrot with some mole sauce.  On the side would be a sautee of greens - kale, collard greens and spinach.  However, I got home from the gym at 8:00 and decided to just mix everything together. That worked. I had already chopped everything up earlier in the day so it was a quick cook in a skillet. 


No comments: