Sunday, August 18, 2013

Bonnaroo Food

Tommy at the campsite

Okay, it has been a while since I last posted.  I was doing really well until we went on vacation in June and I never got around to posting stuff again.  I am still on my vegan journey and I have lots of photos from my cooking as well as visiting restaurants.  I will start out with where I ended, Bonnaroo.  This was our 2nd trip to the music festival in Manchester, TN.  We camp and bring a lot of our food as well as eat from vendors.  Finding vegan fare was not hard at Bonnaroo except on the last night, but the vendors were running out of everything that night.

Blonde Brownies




I made a vegan version of blonde brownies with dark chocolate chunks for our sweet craving.  They were made with whole wheat flour, maple syrup and walnuts.






Zucchini bread and peanut butter



For breakfast I had zucchini bread with peanut butter.  This was a non rising quickbread  made with whole wheat flour, applesauce, maple syrup and walnuts.  Much more filling than the white bread PB&J.






For the meals I made a variety of salads. These were easy to keep in the cooler.I used recyclable containers that I had been collecting to make them single serving size.  We do not bring a grill or anything to cook with.  Hot foods come from vendors.  The first salad was a Rice, Zucchini and Corn Salad.  I used brown rice and the dressing was a mix of lemon juice, olive oil, scallions, dijon and dill.  Next was a Citrus Fruit and Grain Salad.  This was made with brown rice, oranges, currants and the same dressing described above. My fave was the Tunisian Potato Salad.  I used a mix of white, yellow and purple potatoes in a dressing of lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, paprika, and cayenne.
Potato salad and the Zucchini Corn Salad
Green Salad with Tortilla chips
  The last one was a basic green salad with tomato, cucumber, bell pepper, radishes and red onion.  I toasted some corn tortillas for homemade tortilla chips.

Falafel


Tofu curds over Black beans and rice

Sweet Potato Hummus
Some of my vendor fare included a Falafel sandwich, Sweet Potato Hummus with blue corn chips and a very spice BBQ Tofu Curds over Black Beans and Rice.

No comments: