Tuesday, August 20, 2013

More soup

Fresh pineapple juice and pulp

I  put the juicer back in action today.  I made a batch of pineapple juice and kept the pulp for breakfast.  Juicing creates a lot of pulp and it is a waste to just throw it away.  I try to use it in soups, smoothies, stocks or with breakfast grains.   Today I added it to the oatmeal while it was cooking.  The water rehydrates it and it makes make a nice dish
Pineapple oatmeal
At lunch I had the last bit of some vegetable soup I had made earlier.  This one had a tomato base and was filled with potatoes, onions, carrot, and  corn.    The bread was from an earlier meal.  Since I only had about a cup, I added some of the mung beans I cooked earlier.
Vegetable soup
To round out the meal, I had a salad.  The based was spring mix with artichoke hearts, walnuts, alfalfa sprouts, avocado, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pepitas and pecans.  I used the dill dressing with it.
salad
Dinner was easy.  I just combined the brown rice and the veggie mix that were made the day before.  I added some of the sundried tomato pesto for flavor.
rice and veggies
On the side was a small salad of spinach, broccoli and sweet potato with the dill dressing.

The last dish I made yesterday was a Carrot Ginger Soup.  I sauteed some shallots then added vegetable stock, carrots and ginger.  When everything was soft I added some silken  tofu, dill, salt and pepper.  I had a little cup at bedtime before putting the rest of the soup away.
Carrot ginger soup



No comments: