Monday, June 10, 2013

Concert in the Park


It was a beautiful morning, so Tommy and I walked down to Panera for breakfast.  I had a repeat, which was the oatmeal with strawberries, pecans and brown sugar.  The serving size was much smaller than the last time I had it.  I wonder which one was the mistake?

Cinnamon Currant Bread
The post workout lunch was the roasted veggies that I have been eating and Cinnamon Currant Bread.  I made a double loaf, one for now and one for Bonnaroo.  This was a white bread with a cinnamon sugar swirl and dried currants.  I used my flaxseed, baking powder, potato starch, oil replacement for the egg.  The bread baked up wonderfully light and fluffy.
Trail mix

For dinner, we went to the Bellvederes concert in Patterson Park with the dogs.  I packed our meal which included the Panzanella Salad, some fresh corn tortilla chips and roasted tomato salsa, cinnamon bread and a trail mix that I made.  The mix was a combination of leftover granola, dried raspberries, pepitas, sunflower seeds, almonds and nutritional yeast.   We had an albarino to round out the experience.

 We had a great time in the concert.  The big drawback was one portapotty for 2000 people.  The line was so long we left about 30 minutes early.  We were parked across from Bistro Rx, so we had some post concert nourishment after the trip to the facility.  I had a black bean dip made with black beans, corn, onions, and peppers.  It was really more of a salsa and was served with tortilla chips.  I accompanied that with a glass of a white burgundy.

No comments: