Thursday, August 22, 2013

Hump day food


Breakfast started out with  a fresh fruit salad made from a peach, a pear, a banana, a Mexican papaya and some trail mix sprinkled on the top.  The Mexican papayas are very large (about the size of spaghetti squash) and not as sweet.  I like using them because  the small ones from Hawaii are grown from GMO seeds.

My mid day snack was a mix of mung beans, bulgar wheat, and broccoli sprouts with a little bit of pesto.

Lunch was quick and simple because I needed to eat it on the walk to my hairdresser.  I chopped a collard green leaf and mixed it with some hummus and stuffed it in a bell pepper.  Easy to eat while walking.

Before going to the gym I ate a ruby red grapefruit.  The ones from Whole Foods are sweet and juicy.  Post gym I had some brown rice with sauteed veggies and the coconut curry sauce.
It is really good, I promise

Before bed I had a green smoothie made with almond milk, cherry juice, banana, chocolate protein powder and spirulina.  Spirulina is a bacteria that is a complete protein containing all the essential amino acids.  It comes in a really large container and you only use a teaspoon at a time.



No comments: