Sunday, May 11, 2014

Addicted to Results 5/9 and 5/10

5/9
Starting the day with oatmeal. These are the round whole oats. I soak them overnight so that they cook quick in the morning.  I added dates, pecans and apple butter.
Green pea hummus on a piece of whole wheat bread for a  snack.
Lunch was a mix of leftover stuff.  Some garlic lemon asparagus, tofu stir fry and tomato corn mix.
A blurry picture of dinner.  I was going crazy trying to figure out why the camera would not focus.  I learned the next day that junk was on the camera lens.  I cleaned it off and the later pics are better.  This is brown rice with sauteed spinach, onion, cherry tomatoes and carrots.  I toasted some pine nuts then added a pesto I made with  basil, parsley and cilantro.  There is some nutritional yeast on the top.

5/10
More oatmeal for breakfast.  These are regular oats with raisins, pecans, carob and apple butter.

We had a late lunch at my favorite place, The Great Sage. We sat out side under an umbrella during a rain storm.  Very nice an peaceful. I started with a cocktail called autumn harvest made with vodka, grapefruit juice and grenadine.

We split a appetizer plate of hummus, tapenade, and tabbouleh.
The main course was a Thai noodles with peanut sauce  and sweet potatoes and cabbage,
Dessert was cherry cobbler.

Because lunch was late, we really did not have dinner.  We had some Champagne with a cupcake.  The chocolate frosting was a sugar bomb. The cupcakes were from the Roots grocery in Clarksville, MD
Before bed, I had some olive bread with the last of the tomatilla avocado salsa.

No comments: