Friday, January 9, 2015

Headache Day


Banana Pear Cereal

Once a clean eating plan starts, within a few days comes the headache.  It is basically withdrawals from carbs, caffeine, sugar and alcohol.  Thankfully I do not drink coffee so I do not have to deal with the caffeine part.  The Thrive plan is not sugar free, agave nectar is used everyday, just in small amounts.  But the elimination of bread and wine get me.  I woke up with the headache and it lasted all day.  At least it is temporary.  I started out the day with a home made Banana Pear Cereal.  This was a banana, a pear, a date, and some almonds mixed with flasxeed, hemp protein, cocoa powder and ginger.  Almond Coconut Milk was poured over the top.  The banana and chocolate give it a nice savory taste.  It taste much better than the picture looks.
Blackeyed Pea Quinoa Pizza

Lunch was a Blackeyed Pea Quinoa Pizza. The crust was  a blend of blackeyed peas, quinoa, chickpea flour, coconut oil, chili flakes, black pepper, cayenne pepper and salt that was grounded in the food processor.  I cooked the crust for 45 minutes before adding the toppings.  The sauce was a layer of Red Pepper Hemp Pesto. The toppings were red bell pepper, onion, sweet potato, cauliflower and grated beet.  By pre-cooking the crust I was able to make it crispier, but I needed to cook it with the toppings longer.  It still fell apart when serving, but was not mushy.
Pizza after serving

For a post workout snack, I made a Chocolate Almond Smoothie.  This was a blend of banana, dates, cocoa powder, water, almonds, flaxseed, and hemp protein,

Dinner was a repeat of the Cucumber Pesto Salad with Tomato Basil Dressing.  My evening snack was Crunchy Cinnamon Plantains.  They were not very crunchy, but well cooked.  The lemon juice was the dominate flavor over the cinnamon and salt.
Crispy Plantains

No comments: