Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Food Musings

Well, I found a time that the wireless service works a little better, 5:00 am. I am up early because I went to bed really early. My malaria meds make me very sick to stomach and dizzy so I went to bed at 8:00 pm last night. So now I am sitting in the bathroom using the toilet as a desk for some quality computer time ( I don't want to wake my roommate up).


The first night of the conference was more of an introductory thing. Most people were dead tired and could barely function.

Being a foodie, I will talk about the food. I was suprised at breakfast with the western influence in the food. Eggs and pancakes were part of the buffet. I asked one of ladies I met from Kenya about the food. She said that hotels in these parts of Africa tend to service a generic type of food that does not represent any particular country or region. It is not the food you would have if your were in someone's home. It reminds me of hotel buffets at home. They usually offer a variety of food that is not really good, but not really bad which is the result of making large quantities. There are lots of bananas and passion fruit.

1 comment:

D.J. Free! said...

just so long as you're not sitting in that bathroom b/c the food gave ya the runs . . . :)